Wednesday 3 June 2009

Making Money is Childs Play

Making Money is Childs Play! - What We Can Learn From Young Children.
It has been a while since I posted on my blogg, due to ill health. But it is has been a good time to spend time with my family. My youngest child is 20 months old and over the last few months she has taught me a lot.
She is not speaking yet but she manages to not only to communicate but to get what she wants and needs. Even if the answer is no she will do all she can to get the message across. The question we need to ask is how is how do do children do this.
Firstly she is persistent. She does not give up, she will try and try again until she gets the answer she wants, even if the answer is no she will carry on and on sometimes even past the point she should in our eyes stop asking.. This is an important lesson, we should try and try again. Being persistent is a key to getting the outcome we want.
Next, if something does not work try something different. As well as being persistent it is important to know when you should stop and do something different. This combined with persistence will make you a formidable force with your business.
Being expressive is a powerfull skill young children, it should be with you when putting your point across. The number of times I have laughed with my daughter as she tries to get her point across, whether she is mimicking someone, or doing a funny dance she is not afraid to show her personality to get what she wants. We need to do the same and use our personality when we are getting our point across.
These are just a few of the points I picked up from being with my daughter and reminded me of some of the important points we need to remember when building a business.
One final word of advice though, it is not a good thing to get up with a nappy on and dance around the room, it might not give you the best start with your business.

No comments: